Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sub Programs with Dynapath 20?

jspangler

Hi

Anyone know how to get this to work? I do a lot of multiple parts runs (ex, 5 pcs on 1 fixture, 1 work offset, whole drawing in MC9).

So far I can't get it to work properly.

Im using a slightly tweaked dynapath post updated from the version 8 dynapath post.

Thanks

John

John you do have V9 right I would think that you might need to go to a V9 post or run the update utility on the post but I would make back up of the post before doing so. You might be best starting with one of the CD if there is one for the machine. I would think there is but never used a Dynapath so not sure just trying to help not hinder.

Good luck

John,

You are probably getting tired of me –

I don’t have time to go into great detail right now –

Usually all my parts on the fixture are the same part. I draw the part one time – post as sub having no "E" fixture offsets. Then just use E1, E2, E3… fixture offsets for each separate part on a fixture. Run the main program, calling the sub# for each fixture offset – usually hand coded, as I cannot get the post I use to work with subs????

I am working on getting MPMASTER.pst working with our machine – when I do, I will let you know. It is a much better post than what I am currently using. Just have not had time lately to mess with it.

Later,

Mark Anderson

John,

If what I sent you will not do what you want, get your Dynapath programing manual -

Turn to:

APPENDIX E

PART 1 - PAGE 1

Read the difference between a Subroutine and a Macro, or read the whole page, you may want to use Macro on this cuckoo.gif control? I use both from time to time.

HTH confused.gif

Later,

Mark Anderson