Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2d swept

Rocketmachinist

Can you define "bad geometry"?

wireframe paths only work on lines & arcs...if you're getting splines, yeah, those have to be cleaned up . That's "usually" a solid geometry issue....several factors, including how the geometry was built, and any angle, minute as it might be can affect the wireframe creation off the solid

So the first time we did it the arcs from the radius's were splines, it wouldn't even get to the popup page and just error out saying our plane is wrong. I converted them with break many and the toolpath worked. We tried the same thing again later this time we made sure the across was set as an arc and not a spline. It got through to the toolpath parameters page and we clicked ok. The toolpath never processed and gave us only a 6k file. The tool path wouldn't backplot. So I checked all the geometry and it was all arcs and lines. I redrew the along geometry using "create rectangular shape" and it worked fine.

5 minutes ago, Rocketmachinist said:

So the first time we did it the arcs from the radius's were splines, it wouldn't even get to the popup page and just error out saying our plane is wrong. I converted them with break many and the toolpath worked. We tried the same thing again later this time we made sure the across was set as an arc and not a spline. It got through to the toolpath parameters page and we clicked ok. The toolpath never processed and gave us only a 6k file. The tool path wouldn't backplot. So I checked all the geometry and it was all arcs and lines. I redrew the along geometry using "create rectangular shape" and it worked fine.

That sounds like a bit of an "odd" case....if you can recreate that, I would say send in into QC

I don't know how you created the geometry but I generally try to use Create Curve slice in cases like these

3 hours ago, Rocketmachinist said:

What I do when I get splines instead of arcs is I make points on each end and the middle of the spline, then I create an arc with 3 point arc.  Much better than break many

• Like 1