Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Table view of common parameters?

ThickChips

Hey guys

So some of my files have 100+ toolpaths. Rather than go through each Parameters dialog for every toolpath to check things like Coolant mode, etc, is there a much faster way I can view these in a table report or *better* yet be able to *individually* edit parameters from said table? Just thinking of speed here.

Thanks

If you select all the operations (toolpaths) you want to edit. Then right click on any of the operations (toolpaths) -> Edit Selected Operations -> Edit Common Parameters... -> this opens a dialog where all the common parameters for the selected operations can be mass edited. Make the changes you want, then green check out of the dialog and all the selected ops are updated.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Got it. I don't know of any feature in Mastercam that will allow you to do that.

I think it would probably be pretty simple to program an add-in that could do this. Have a table view of all the parameters of the selected operations and allow the user to alter these parameters individually. Like you said, this would be beneficial because it would save the time of opening each individual operation's parameters. 

If this is something that would save you a lot of time, maybe try contacting your reseller or CNC Software to see if someone could whip up an add-in like this. If I find some time in the next week or two I will give it a shot and let you know what I come up with anything.

You could use active reports, you would need to build a custom report to get what you want, example our tool list has a column for coolant that shows the operator what coolant the tool will use. You wouldn't be able to edit from there, but you could see which operations needed editing and them use the "common edit" function as described by Jake L.

• Like 1

I use the X+ add-in setup sheet.  You have to pay for it but I find it worth it.  You can add all the parameters you want and it will show you.  You can't edit them from the report but you can see which toolpath has the error.  Has saved me many times from an errant coolant or other incorrect parameter.  I had a large mold core that I programmed last week with over 100 toolpaths in it and I could see every parameter that I normally check for common errors.  The report was three full pages long but it showed everything.  I always run my report before I post the code so I can do a quick check.

• Like 3

I asked a similar question on the MC forum a while back with about the same response. Use X+ reporting

Asking for what amounts to basically an option for spreadsheet editing. Viewing at a minimum. Gibbscam was trying to go this route in the late 200x. I have seen other Cam programs do this as well.

• Like 1

Hey all, thanks for the insights.

Seems to me this feature should have been included from the start. Afterall, toolpath data is stored in a database of some kind that the application instance writes and reads to when processing user input. So, I'm surprised, but also not surprised, to learn this isn't standard.

Never used X+ tools? What is that?