Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Random Dirty Ops 2023

Spotterhphc

Yo,

Has anyone else been seeing this in 2023? It's random but I will be creating toolpaths, like I do everyday, and all of a sudden my highspeed paths go dirty. Not all of them but some. Just today I had a new one pop up. I created new wireframe on different construction planes and it wiped out basic contour paths. What I created had no association to the contour paths. Totally different tool/construction planes, 2D Z-depths. Everything different that I can think of. Up till now in 2023 it's only been highspeed paths. Usually I get dirty ops when I edit common parameters and modify the "Misc Values" before posting. I do this so the auto regen doesn't take off and wipe out all the stock models, plus it's much faster. Yes I do realize I can set all that as I create them but I don't.   2022 I never had the issue, not once. 

What am I doing different between versions or what rule changed? 

There are many things that are frustrating in 2023, like every release, and I'm one that likes change, for the most part. 

I hope it's just a simple thing I accidentally clicked. 

Any insight would be valued. 

• Like 1

Absolutely.  This is something I've battled from the beginning of 2023.   Make sure you have the updates and about half of the random dirty issues go away.   Otherwise, I'm going to suspect that you have a corrupt "linked" plane.    I have a file I just sent into QC last week or so that had this happen.  Note that the linked plane that is bad doesn't have to be the one you're drawing on, it just has to exist when you do something that triggers the code to regen. 

To fix it, select all your planes (or at least all your linked planes) and right click > Link/Unlink > Unlink All:

image.png.7eae633cc51965f58a56a959397f5046.png

Then you'll want to regenerate all of your toolpaths.

That should fix it.

In my case, the trigger was using Xform Project.   That would cause any toolpaths using "A0B180 - Back" (in my example above) to go dirty.    After unlinking and regenning, it's been a lot better.

There's still at least one other defect that will cause toolpaths to go randomly dirty, but that's specific to ModuleWorks multiaxis toolpaths and collision control, not wireframe geometry manipulation.

• Like 1

Area rest roughing will delete the appx start points on a file save. This will cause the tool paths to go dirty. Also, same tool path will not respect the silhouette boundary anymore for containment. You have to create wireframe and use that like in previous releases.

I reported the silhouette boundary when 2023 came out, but it hasn't been fixed through update 3.

I just recently found one where waterline doesn't retract to the top of a feature when arc filters is turned on. I reported that as well. 

The bugs, while annoying, aren't enough to keep me from staying current. I don't care if the issues are there, as long as I have a work around. It is what it is. Report it, hope they get fixed, and move on.

4 hours ago, Corey Hampshire said:

The bugs, while annoying, aren't enough to keep me from staying current. I don't care if the issues are there, as long as I have a work around. It is what it is. Report it, hope they get fixed, and move on.

I think it depends on what you're doing...  I could see where some of these defects cause excessive time loss where it's worth skipping a release.

1 hour ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

I think it depends on what you're doing...  I could see where some of these defects cause excessive time loss where it's worth skipping a release.

Sure, it's going to depend on everyone's situation and work load. I personally, skipped updating from 2019 all the way to 2022. The defects present kept me from using the latest versions. Finally, they got things sorted and I was able to move forward. Then you spend 6 months figuring out what was changed that you missed out on and what was added that you need to learn. 

I prefer to stay current, especially since my employer pays for maintenance every year. 

I was just trying to convey, that no software is perfect and most of the time, the issues are annoying and not a real big deal breaker.