Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Error Question...

Hello everyone.

I have a question about an error that I am getting when I post out for a horizontal mill cnc. the error I get is...

Error - Select machine achievable tool plane with Y-axis along machine Y - set and repost.

I don't do much programming for a horizontal mill but I am really interested in figuring out the fix for this particular error. I'm so sure it's something that I'm doing wrong so if anyone could help me with this, it would greatly be appreciated.

thanks to all who reply!

40 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Can you make a sample file using the Zip2Go Utility in Mastercam with Machine and Control Definition along with Post?

File/Zip2Go is where you can be located in Mastercam. Then someone can say for sure and help you learn what not to do.

As always your dealer is your best choice, but glad to help when we got something.

Yes I can, I just thought I could find some help here. 

14 hours ago, BFisher65 said:

Yes I can, I just thought I could find some help here. 

I didn't turn you away, but I am not a mind reader. By having a sample file then I can post your exact program using the same Machine and Control definition with Post. Now I see exactly what you are seeing. Then I can work backward to eliminate maybe 20 to 100 different things that could have been done.

When you call the Doctor and tell them you don't feel good. Do they want to see you or do they order surgery to give you a heart transplant over the phone? How can a Doctor do their job? They need to see the Patient. They can play the guessing game all day long and try to figure out what is the problem or they can do their job and run some tests and see what is really going on. I don't like Doctors and after being almost dead 5 times in my life don't really like Hospitals, but if I have a problem the only way the Doctor can help me if by me doing my part and going in and being seen by a Doctor.

Point is you came to this board and gave what you thought was a very specific symptom to your issue. Just like the Doctor wants to see you before prescribing medicine to help it is not really any different here. Share what is needed and others can see what is the best way to help. If not then we can play 20 to 100 guessing game until it is figured out. After almost 20 years on this forum I have help a few people and those willing to dive feet first into the process to get help do it all in get the help they need. Those who want to play games and think they can get lucky getting help do get it, but it is far and few between.

• Haha 1

^^^ LoL. Crazy mill dude is not wrong.

Anyway, sounds like the control definition does not support the type of toolpath you're doing. 

Or one of a dozen other reasons. Hard to tell with the amount of info you gave us. 

Mayhaps you could give us, uh... more info? :) 

18 hours ago, BFisher65 said:

Hello everyone.

I have a question about an error that I am getting when I post out for a horizontal mill cnc. the error I get is...

Error - Select machine achievable tool plane with Y-axis along machine Y - set and repost.

I don't do much programming for a horizontal mill but I am really interested in figuring out the fix for this particular error. I'm so sure it's something that I'm doing wrong so if anyone could help me with this, it would greatly be appreciated.

thanks to all who reply!

This is likely due to your Toolplanes not being setup for Horizontal Programming.

Mastercam's default method of programming has always been > Top WCS/Top Tplane for "vertical" machines, and "Top WCS/Front Toolplane" for Horizontal machines.

The way the planes work for Horizontal, by default, is:

Top / Front = B0. G54

Top / Right = B90. G55

Top / Back = B180. G56

Top / Left = B270. G57

Meaning if you just program on the Front Plane, then the Right Plane, then the Back Plane, then the Left Plane, the Post will automatically kick out the correct 90-degree rotation in the NC Code, and will also "auto-increment" your Work Offset for each Plane Change.

You can of course "lock your work offset values" by setting the Work Offset to "0" or another single integer, and that way you don't get a Work Offset change in the NC Code.

• Like 1