Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2023 Viewsheet Group caution

JTaylor

Evening everybody

We use the hell out of view sheets, and the grouping function they added in 2023 keeps things a lot cleaner and quicker to access. However, if you delete a viewsheet without ungrouping it first you will hose the mastercam database  and nothing can be saved at that point (hope you make back ups!). 

This looks like it was fixed in the 2024 beta.

Josh

• Thanks 1

I looked into this- thanks for providing a file JTaylor. As you described, deleting the viewsheet from the group without ungrouping it will cause a database issue. Mastercam recognizes this and does not let you save the file past this point- there's no danger of corrupting the file. It was found and addressed in 2024, as you also mention.

Thanks for the tip, I am working between 2023 & 2024 a lot, I'll have to stay frosty i don't mess everything up, I guess it will never be fixed for 2023 since the development is finished

I really like viewsheets for making videos and doing view transition in slow mo,

• 2 weeks later...

I found another weird thing to be cautious about with the new groups: Be sure to save your viewsheet before adding it to an existing group.

if you add a new viewsheet to a group before saving the viewsheet it will copy all viewsheets from that group outside of the group but you won't be able to delete the ones that aren't in the group without deleting the ones in the group. very strange but not an issue as long as you save your viewsheet before adding it to an existing group.