Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

setup sheet question for 2023

danatoem

16 hours ago, danatoem said:

is there a particular trick to getting the setup sheet to include my comment from the opps page?  i have been looking at "setup sheet (mill2-z) and it gives a general report but does not include any of my toolpath comments? thanks

Yes, there is a certain trick to it. You'd need to go into the active reports designer, open up the file in shared Mastercam 2023, common, reports, SST, setup sheet (mill2-z-operation).rpx

I uploaded a picture of what I got with just a quick addition. You want to put in a text box, size it up the way you want it (shown in screen dump), then add in the tags you need (full list of tags can be found easily in the active reports help section, they are what determines the information is being pulled out of the nc file...the tags I've added are also shown in the screen dump). You need to save the file before it'll take the next time you hit the setup sheet button in Mastercam. You need to double-click the little floppy disk icon for it to save.

There's a couple more tags in that operation file down below - WCS Active and WCS Origin, I had to shrink up those text boxes and move them up closer to get those operations nearer to one another vertically. Active reports is kind of funny but the more you mess around with it the more you see how powerful it can be if you sink some time into learning how to navigate it.

MILL2-Z COMMENT.png

MILL2-ZOPCOMMENTBOX.png

MILL2-Z TAGS.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there!

So I am fairly new to the ActiveReports Viewer, and have some questions.

I want to create setup sheet that will include both sequence numbers and tool numbers + descriptions.

First I created one following //TOOL RecordSet Pattern, but this one does not have the Sequence #s.

Now I am trying to go with //OPERATION and noticed there are OOI-xxx (Optional Operation Information) commands providing all the info I need.

But the problem I run into is that //OPERATION does not like OOI commands, like it does not operate them.

I.E. I try to run OOI-TLNO under //OPERATION, but nothing happens.

Can someone chip in some of their knowledge on this topic? Thanks!

14 hours ago, PeteS said:

Hi there!

So I am fairly new to the ActiveReports Viewer, and have some questions.

I want to create setup sheet that will include both sequence numbers and tool numbers + descriptions.

First I created one following //TOOL RecordSet Pattern, but this one does not have the Sequence #s.

Now I am trying to go with //OPERATION and noticed there are OOI-xxx (Optional Operation Information) commands providing all the info I need.

But the problem I run into is that //OPERATION does not like OOI commands, like it does not operate them.

I.E. I try to run OOI-TLNO under //OPERATION, but nothing happens.

Can someone chip in some of their knowledge on this topic? Thanks!

From the setup sheet Tag Glossary: 

"Raw operation data is supplied for more advanced setup sheet customization. The XML tags listed here are all nested within every operation parent node and Mill and Lathe tool nodes."

I'm guessing this means you're going to have to add tags to TOOL as well as OPERATION.