Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What am i missing here?

danatoem

I am a new user to V23, just coming back from another software, My memory of V21 stock setup was dead simple. All i needed to do was use a window seletion and grab entities on a level and boom, my stock was set. With V23 I am seeing a boat load of new stuff which seems overkill? I have the option of adding from a bounding box. I do that and it throws up a dimension of the overall plate size i am using. Now i am thinking my stock size is set, and i accept it and exit to verifiy. In verify it changes the stock to a much smaller size, so obviously my verification is screwed up. Must be missing some vital link here and would appreciate any help on why its doing this. Thanks in advance

On 5/24/2023 at 12:30 PM, danatoem said:

Okay, after playing around with this for  a while i now have something that is working. Seemed away easier in previous versions?

it was easier in previous versions, most of us just accept it as a regression that we just will have to get used to, they likely are not going to change it at this point and no one from their team ever comments on the new stock setup regression, probably because there is no leg to stand on and its so easy to prove how the old one was better in almost every way, its slowly improving and some day may be back to what it once was

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JoshC said:

... they likely are not going to change it at this point and no one from their team ever comments on the new stock setup regression, probably because there is no leg to stand on and its so easy to prove how the old one was better in almost every way

I'd seriously like to know what CNCSoftware's logic is when they do xxxx like this. You vill eat ze bugs and you vill like it.