Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to update Post Processors

Kampfzentrum

I've recently come across an old post for a machine that my company let sit idle but now we are looking to use. We are now using Mastercam 2023 and the last time this post was run was X9. I have the control file, machine definition file, and .pst file. When I dropped them in their respective areas in the Shared Documents folder (i.e. CNC Machines and Post folders) and opened up Mastercam to import them in, the files were not seen by Mastercam. I believe this is because the files have not been updated as we updated with Mastercam. Is there a way that I can get these files updated so I can run the post - outside of consulting my Mastercam Reseller. 

UPDATE: I am aware of the Migration Wizard, but it only goes so far back as Mastercam 2020.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

Migration Wizard is available at least back to 2017. File>Convert>Migration Wizard.

You're probably going to have to migrate it in steps through each version.

I actually got it. I double-clicked on each one and had to manually re-map each file to each other since the last time it was used it was in ...SharedMastercam2017. So I re-linked them all together in the newer folder and they successfully updated.

• Like 1
Just now, gcode said:

Typically the post update utility support 3 versions back

So you'd need to use X18 then X22 and finally X23

Depending on the complexity of the post it might be simpler to take a similar X23 post

and put it side by side in Cimco Edit and make the necessary edits

gcode is likely talking about the chook, updatepost.dll 

image.png.8975d6fd1f562c62594f54c38e7acd93.png

in the cases where the post was xx'd, i always upgrade from the earliest version, or an earlier one you know to be working