Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill a hole in MasterCam

Maximusss

image.thumb.png.f4ebf8b11bb67bf1865732a35403db4d.png

Dear all, I am trying to learn Mastercam Surface Rough functionality according to a youtube video here, but I got this error(Boundaries may not intersect), what does that mean and how can i correct this? I have attached my Mastercam file below for convenience and can anyone re-send back the corrected mastercam file to me? YOu can follow the guide on the youtube link i provided ad I did.   I have tried this for 2 hours already but no luck!!

longkang.x_t

It means something is wrong with your boundary. I can't look at your file right now, but if you have two boundaries you'd do better to use the new 3d high speed suite of toolpaths because they can handle boundaries, imo, better than the legacy toolpaths. Just make sure your boundaries don't do what it says: overlap, intersect, backtrack or anything weird. Normally I just use one boundary with the legacy stuff. If you make the boundary the outline (square) of the stock you show, you should be fine. Just give it a Z-height (3rd parameter page) if you want it to start in the pocket and ignore the rest.

I'm sure once you have gone through the training materials suggested above by an esteemed community member of high regard, you will be quite adept! Even if you use them only to search for what you need doing at a certain point in time. Though I do suggest starting on 2D mill and working through the whole thing, as you are new to the software. I know you will find the guidance you seek, and to be Frank, everyone here will be willing to help you out once you dive into the training manuals!