Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force tool change on first instance only

SlaveCam

16 hours ago, cruzila said:

...close to basic alloy numbers .

All these images have a 50 μm scale bar:

A - additive Ti6al4v - as per the article,

B - additive Ti6al4v with ultrasonic (20kHz) workpiece vibration during manufacture- as per the article

Green Image -  plate material.

Getting down to the grain size of mass produced alloy is going to take some more time and breakthroughs!

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 09-45-46 045004_1_online.pdf.png

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 09-51-14 Fig. 3 Microstructure characterization of the AM-fabricated Ti-6Al-4V.png

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 09-51-22 Fig. 3 Microstructure characterization of the AM-fabricated Ti-6Al-4V.png

• Like 2
On 7/17/2023 at 1:50 PM, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

I encounter this on 3 axis programs for an array of a few dozen parts.  I suppose one could put a "point" operation with forced toolchange just before the op to be transformed.

I just make a dummy toolpath that drills a hole in the sky and delete it after ai post.

It's a lame solution for a problem that should have been fixed a decade ago, but it works

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/16/2023 at 5:30 AM, cncappsjames said:

According to the UCC filings, HMC's aren't selling at anywhere near the rate they used to. For the most part they are dedicated to high production only these days. You can tool up a 5-Axis machine with workholding for a fraction of what it costs to put workholding on an HMC.

Don't hold your breath for much love in the future either. Maybe a little here or there. 

That gravitation to HMC ship has sailed and she ain't coming back.

:coffee:

I don't know where this HMC bashing is coming from, but they definitely have their place in the industry. We just invested over 3mil (in euros) in a 28 pallet 2xHMC setup with automatic tool transport system, which is used to manufacture parts that are especially designed for 4x. Sure, they are not fun to program, but someone's gotta do it. They are very sturdy machines and if you don't need the fifth axis, why bother?

• Like 1
On 8/22/2023 at 1:23 AM, SlaveCam said:

I don't know where this HMC bashing is coming from, but they definitely have their place in the industry.

If what I said came across as bashing, that was most definitely not my intent.

HMC's absolutely have their place in manufacturing, however, considering the percentages of machine tools sold that are HMC's, that overall number is on the decline while percentages of 5-Axis machines sold are increasing every year.

For the right work, nothing beats an HMC. For the right work, nothing beats a 5-Axis. For the right work, nothing beats a 3-Axis VMC. Use the right tool for the right job and things go better.

• Like 4