Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Script to Rename Operation Comments to Add Tool Number?

Jobnt

Thanks David.

I don't have an add-ins folder (2023 thing I think) so I tried it in our shared chooks folder and got an IO error. I also got the same error on another custom chook that's in that folder so not sure it's relevant.

image.png.94aa7a58d2e89291bcbce7eb17b20be1.png

I don't have read/write access to the chooks folder in program files so I'll wait 'til IT wakes up and get access to try again. 

We have 2023 here but I told them not to install it when they built my new workstation a couple months ago. I'll get that put back on and play around in it and see if it's worth moving to.

Help is much appreciate. I'll get this figured out (i hope). :) 

@Jobnt I just installed and tried on 2020 and it works OK here (from Program files/Mastercam/CHooks or another folder).

You may have a R/W access rights issue or perhaps you should check .NET framework is up to date. This NEThook is referencing V4.8.

I send another .zip file specific for 2020, .dll is the same but i changed .ft file. If you are finally allowed to install it in programs/Mastercam/CHooks folder you will be able to set it in QAT/RMB/Ribbon.

CommentToolNumberToolpath-V2020.zip

• Thanks 1

Thanks David. 

I tried the shared folder again with the new files and same result so I copied it to a local folder I have access to and still didn't work. I'll check .net framework and make sure we're up to date while I get access to the Chooks folder in program files. 

3 hours ago, David Colin said:

@Jobnt I rebuilt it referencing .NetV4.0. Hope this will help. Unzip, unblock files and move them where you need it.

CommentToolNumberToolpath-V2020-dotNET4.zip 6.37 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks David. I have no idea what's going on here. I upgraded .net framework to 4.8 yesterday. I extracted the files, unblocked them, copied them to local folder, same error. copied them to a network folder, same error. Is there any path statements in the chook pointing to the add-ins folder or something? Completely confused here. 

@Jobnt I don't know what's going on and I wonder what file or dependency can't be loaded. Check there is 'C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\NETHook3_0.dll' but no reason it's not there.

I can't reproduce on my seat, i'll try on another one.

You also could try to install 2023 even if you don't use it.

• Thanks 1
Just now, David Colin said:

@Jobnt I don't know what's going on and I wonder what file or dependency can't be loaded. Check there is 'C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam you NETHook3_0.dll' but no reason it's not there.

I can't reproduce on my seat, i'll try on another one.

You also could try to install 2023 even if you don't use it.

image.png.217bcc21c3333e552c1c852e30177119.png

The file is there.

I'm going to have IT re-install 2023. May be time to move on anyway, we're 4 full releases behind.

37 minutes ago, David Colin said:

@Jobnt great you did it!

Script is ok?  You can add it to your ribbon, there are 2 commands (one to add tool numbers, one to remove them if needed).

I used the .dll. Is there a switch to get it to remove the text?