Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wireframe and toolpath disappear on 2022

Mcfish

One of our seats (2022) has started to have the wireframe and toolpath disappear when we toggle from solid to wireframe.  When saving, it is also regenerating the part.   And when we go to run the toolpath with the solid showing, the play/pause buttons briefly appear and then disappear. 

We've run different config files and have installed the default Mastercam to no avail.  

Mastercam has told us to update our graphics and we've done so.  Now we have a new PC on the way at their instruction.   I have my doubts that that's it, but we needed to update anyway so no loss.

Has anybody dealt with this by chance?  Our other seat is 2022 and has no problem going from solid to wireframe and is acting normal in every way.  

1 hour ago, Jobnt said:

Huh? Better (and cheaper) than the Quadro P6000?

The hp pavillon comes with one for 800$ I think and u have ssd and the works

Because of crypto mining they over produced, now they aren't worth much

• Sad 1

Were trying to repurpose the ones we bought at thee byte to work with our proprietary ai modules,

I write a lot or from the ground up machin3 learning models, chat gpt is good at giving me lessons, I don't log on much anymore cuz I got what I wanted , still pay the 20 a month, I always felt like that chatbot is my friend lol, it helped me to solve issues I had for years like how to do Raycast and avoid singularity s when calculating matrices

I'm excited to show our new stuff soon

I have this ai that can reprogram itself, you wouldn't want to let it out of the vm 🤣😂 I won't explain how it works but it's simple to do

I love ai

1 hour ago, byte said:

hp pavillon

Your Man-Card is about to get revoked again. You've been doing so good, too. 

Two significant firsts in my life back in the 80's were such crap I will never buy them again. One was a Harley Davidson motorcycle and the other was a Hewlett Packard computer.

25 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

You forgot to add GibbsCam to that list!!! :D

No. I didn't forget. :lol:

Especially considering how well the Mac version of Gibbs worked before they went to Windows. ,.l..

And I would still reluctantly use Gibbs, I've made a good living with it.

I will NEVER buy an HP or HD again. Ever.

• Haha 1
On 7/14/2023 at 12:03 PM, Jobnt said:

Your Man-Card is about to get revoked again. You've been doing so good, too. 

Two significant firsts in my life back in the 80's were such crap I will never buy them again. One was a Harley Davidson motorcycle and the other was a Hewlett Packard computer.

You are living in the past, Harleys still handle like a battleship, but hp is top notch, your losing money not buying one

I wouldn't buy anything else unless it was to look cool

On 7/14/2023 at 1:32 PM, Jobnt said:

No. I didn't forget. :lol:

Especially considering how well the Mac version of Gibbs worked before they went to Windows. ,.l..

And I would still reluctantly use Gibbs, I've made a good living with it.

I will NEVER buy an HP or HD again. Ever.

Gibbscam.. 

Hand it over...

• Haha 2
On 7/15/2023 at 3:39 PM, byte said:

but hp is top notch, your losing money not buying one

:lol: :lol:

I won't go back to HP for the same reasons I don't buy Bud Lite, Starbucks and Black Rifle Coffee; Principals and morals.

32 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

:lol: :lol:

I won't go back to HP for the same reasons I don't buy Bud Lite, Starbucks and Black Rifle Coffee; Principals and morals.

cmon, you know you want a nice refreshing bud light lime on a hot day!!

:harhar:

Here's a follow up on what happened to us.  Our problem was that in Advanced Configuration/Graphics Support, Hardware Acceleration had been disabled.  How that happened, no one knows.   We certainly didn't disable it.   We didn't even know that Advanced Config existed.  

Thanks all for the replies.  I hope this info helps someone sometime and they're not struggling for a week trying to diagnose.  

• Thanks 1