Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Printing..What are you doing and/or using?

JParis

We currently have close to a dozen 3D printers in house, Formlabs for plastic printing. They get used for mostly proof of concept things but they will do small lots of parts for a variety of things if production is ramping up to make them.

These printers I currently have no access  to use.

I take care of the setup for printing for our titanium 3D printer, we have an EOS-M400 printer. We are making production parts on it that would be impossible to produce via subtractive machining.  I use a combination of Magics RP with the Support Generation add-on as well as EOSPrint2 to choose the laser options on which parts, the exposure settings and communication to the printer.

Our general prints take about 20 hours to complete, parts on the plate are right now between 36 & 96

Unfortunately, the nature of the parts and our business I am unable to share and photos.

It's been an interesting time learning how to do all of this...

I am certainly willing to share any tips, tricks or ideas for those who are doing this as well.

I'm just getting started on my journey here at Vector..  I picked up a pretty heavily modified Creality from a friend that already had all the goodies done to it (rails, upgraded grantry, extruder, bed, etc., etc.).  I've been using it for rapid prototyping fixtures to proof concepts for customers.    It's been very handy.

Also handy to have around the house to fix random bits that break (washing machine knob), or make halloween costume parts :)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

I use mine to make stuff for my tool box, chess pieces, broken toy fixes, gun parts, etc...

Gun stuff gets Colorfabb XT CF20. I use a hardened steel nozzle when printing for it.

The Bambu X1C comes with a hardened steel nozzle.  I got some Polymaker CF Nylon, haven't tried it out yet; I've just been using PLA+ so far.