Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Issues installing the Mastercam learning edition

Leinarcher

Whenever I launch mastercam it then asks me to activate the license but whenever I go to do that it eventually gives me a "codemeter license server not found error 101" preventing me from activating my software so I can finally use it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and hard rebooted my PC. I went on the mastercam knowledge base and found an article discussing this (Knowledge Base Article 17324), I followed all the instructions and it didn't work. I don't have any of the files on my PC it told me to delete that could be causing the issue, and my codemeter runtime server will still not start, giving me the error 1053. 

I sent an email to mastercams tech support but I heard it takes awhile for a reply back, so I'm hoping there's someone smart with IT here 😭 I have windows 11, and I'm just trying to learn mastercam as a student. Please help

• 2 months later...

So this was really annoying me because nobody on this entire forum had a solution that worked. What worked for me was going to https://www.mastercam.com/support/technical-support/drivers-and-utilities/ and downloading the CodeMeter 7.60d Runtime Installation file and running that and making sure that when installing it you choose all of the features in the icon tree in my attached file. Doing so and letting the codemeter program finish installing and then running MasterCam, should get rid of the error 101 when trying to activate your license. I don't know why this works, but it does. When you download MasterCam, it already installs a version of codemeter for you but for some reason that version does not work. This version 7.60d does work.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 224535.png

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Thank You jgarciagtech!

Has anyone had issues with installing the 5 patches on the install page for the 2024 version? They are sequential and need to be installed on top of each other. After doing jgarciagtech's fix, I went to install the patches as directed by my vendor's instructions. On the server computer they installed, but for three others that connect for a license, they will not install and i get the prompt:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct patch."

Do I only need the patches on the server host? or do the three other instances need the patches as well?

6 minutes ago, Adam E said:

Do I only need the patches on the server host? or do the three other instances need the patches as well?

Every system where Mastercam is installed needs to have the patches installed.

Mastercam is NOT a network program...it runs locally and  for licensing can access either a hard lock(USB) on each computer OR a network license....

You either NetHasp or Software license. I am guessing you have a network software license that really only requires the CodeMeter on the server. 

• Thanks 1

JParis,

You are correct and thank you for your quick reply. And also for the clarification!

Do you have any insights as to why the other systems will not accept 2024 update 1 patch installation  (Link) ? 

I am working off fresh installs of the 2024 after uninstalling the pre-release 2024 version. Thank you in advance

One thing that is a good practice is after installing the program, run it once, that's what it takes to set the registry  settings...lack of that "could" be preventing the upgrade as the installation is technically incomplete

As good practice, I do it after each update as well.