Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A axis overtravel on vertical set up

AndrewNg

I tried to make a setup as picture 1 witch WCS on the center of the hole on cnc mill 5 axis (x, y, z, A, C). control gave me an alarm overtravel on A axis because nc code call for A -90 degree to cut on side. the reason to do the setup it is easy for me to find zero at the center of the hole. 

then I moved the WCS to new location as picture 2, verything work smoothly, but it turned out super hard to take the location.

is there anyway to make the control run setup as picture 1. thank you

image.png

PICTURE 2.png

6 hours ago, AndrewNg said:

here is the program zip file from my manager.

CUSTOMER 1.ZIP 4.26 MB · 5 downloads

Need to have the MCD(Machine Control definition) default the mi4 to 1 to always post Negative A values. Right down it is defaulting to 0 which will always try to output Positive A when the machine needs Negative A.

You highlight all operation can right click and make the adjustment to this file with edit common parameters.

image.png.ddc22879dab35dc04f29c2426defbcc0.png

image.thumb.png.2525f476afe560f0afd38d8700ac671f.png

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

The other thing is the post is not setup to support different C & Tplane locations. They must all share the same Zero point. They are not and I suspect that is what is giving you the posting issue. Use the center of the rotary as the Zero for all 4 planes.

thank you for pointing it out. i will follow your suggestion to test out.