Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trouble getting hybrid to work correctly

Sigurd

In this file, I am trying to rough the large radius, the small radius on the floor, and the flat in one toolpath. I'd like .005" 3D stepover on the radii and .025" stepover on the flat. Hybrid is close, but it keeps making pocket motion on the curve that I can't get rid of. Something like Raster with separate stepover on 3D and floors. Is there a way I can do this?

test.jpg

10299 test.zip

A standard flowline with scallop set to .0005 gets pretty close. You won't have total control over the exact stepover but you can get approximate. 

If you don't like that I'd probably reach for a unified toolpath. I'd assume there's a better way to do this without unified but that's what's coming to mind right now.

I'm interested to see other responses.

image.png

Sigurd - best I could come up with on hybrid. Set your steep/shallow to on, select the top floor as the minimum depth and your bottom floor as the maximum depth. Knock the min depth down a couple tenths and knock the max down .005. In cut parameters set keep tool down to 100% and in transitions check option "straight". I'm not sure if it'll be appropriate for the finished product but it gives a clean path that looks to do what you want. I don't like the top down cutting though, prefer to start on that flat and work up the radius but I don't know that it's possible with hybrid.

hybrid1.png

• Like 1