Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2024 bug?

If I create geometry, then dynamically transform it, then click undo, Mastercam deletes the geometry, rather then undoing the move.

Can anyone verify this behavior?

1 minute ago, So not a Guru said:

If I create geometry, then dynamically transform it, then click undo, Mastercam deletes the geometry, rather then undoing the move.

Can anyone verify this behavior?

Also, how do I get the check box, for automatically determine Z depth, in the "Line Endpoints" dialog to stay unchecked?

I can confirm the behavior for the 1st part.

The Z depth stays unchecked for the session that Mastercam is open. I tested this by jumping between various files within the same session.

Upon closing and opening Mastercam the the Z depth reverted back to being checked. I cant find anything in config that effects this.

5 minutes ago, AHarrison1 said:

I can confirm the behavior for the 1st part.

The Z depth stays unchecked for the session that Mastercam is open. I tested this by jumping between various files within the same session.

Upon closing and opening Mastercam the the Z depth reverted back to being checked. I cant find anything in config that effects this.

That's exactly the behavior I'm experiencing.

And the response to the line issue.

Hi Zeke.

That is working as it should.
Because Create -> line is a function, Mastercam does not save any settings in that, or any function.
For example, if you create an arc, or a rectangle, and then shut down Mastercam, when you restart Mastercam, the dimensions you entered for the arc, or rectangle in the first session do not reappear in the restarted session.

So, since it was always unchecked in previous versions, it now being checked, as the default, is "...working as it should.". :rant:

What an unmitigated crock of sh*t.

To the geometry situation, on my setup, it comes back to its original position when "undo" is clicked twice. At first glance, I though the order of operations was, somehow, mixed up ("create geometry" then "move", when undone, becomes "delete geometry" then "move back"). However, upon further reflection, maybe that first undo shows a step that was not meant to be seen by the end-user? Especially since that extra undo brings the behavior to what is to be expected. Either way, definitely a bug.

It will be fixed in the next broken version :vava:

• Like 1