Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mystery plane?

mxer275

A coworker has plane in his plane manager that he doesn't know how it got there, it has a green check mark to the left of it but it is not associated with a tool path and cannot be deleted. How can you have a plane in your plane manager that you did not create and how can it have a green check mark and not be associated with a tool path?

What version are you referring to?

Planes are not only linked to toolpaths, there could be links to viewsheets, stock models, merged parts or downloaded files of tools/toolholders.

Custom planes in multi axis also comes to mind.

Edited by AHarrison1

I'm not a lathe guy, I'm a multi-axis mill guy but I disagree. I can create 20 planes and they will have no check marks and can be easily deleted until I associate them with a tool path then they cannot be deleted unless I delete the tool path or change the plane of the tool path.

Which I'm sure most people who use the mill package would agree with.

Mill-Turn is a whole different product which handles differently than regular Mastercam and requires a lot of interaction with re-sellers.

There has been talk of features being unlocked for future releases, but for now if it relates to Mill-Turn, it is best to speak to your re-seller.

In addition to what GCode is saying (which is how you find out what the plane is being used for) the difference between MT and regular ol' mill and lathe is that when you start a new MillTurn project, it will auto-create any planes that it thinks will be useful to you:

image.thumb.png.7a6ac65942d02f8ce733826ba7edc9fe.png

Here's a simple part that I loaded a MT machine I had handy, and just simply went through Job Setup.   You can see that it added 12 planes, 11 of which are "in use." 

If you query what they're used for, it'll say that they're called out in the group's MT definition... Basically, it's defined as part of the machine creation.

• Like 3