Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create Letters on an Arc

Z Feed

My blueprint requirement is to create text situated on an arc. In MCAM 2019, I'm creating 2D wireframe letters arranged with left side alignment, no indentation. I've entered my text, character height, spacing, and my arc radius and the designation of "bottom" rather than top. My issue is when i snap my 5 lines of text to my location, i'm losing the indentation of each line. Trying to manipulate them back into alignment using the space bar back in the "Letters" dialog box where I originally inputted them but to no avail. See attached file. 

As always, thank you!

Kevin R.

Doc2.doc

Agreed. And that was the easy part. Protecting the "left" justification of all 5 rows of text was the sticky part. I went back to continue working in the dialog box using the space bar. Successfully I may add. But found I needed to keep the field of text hightlighted in a certain "state" which was a blue color I chose in my defaults (unknowingly to be fair). When i got the text group to stay highlighted in this color i ran back to to space bar and pushed some lines over and backed some up. got what i was after and hit enter, the text field turned green and snapped permanent. .... I quickly chained and posted before it moved again!!

These "states" of color your geometry starts out as,moves from, into and then finally out of is worthy of soaking into a bit. Ill have to remember I how i stumbled on getting the field to highlight though. At somepoint when your troubleshooting and flying around the keyboard, it happens out of nowwhere and whats lost is the sequence of keystrokes to get you there. I love it....

Thank you!- Kevin Royer