Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corner Pretreatment

killall-9

I have always thought of "corner pretreatment" as a way to address the 4 sharp corners on a rectangular piece of stock... I think what you're looking for is to further rough out that red colored stock?

maybe before that 1/4 endmill dynamic finish pass you're showing in the screenshot, add a remachining contour to semi-finish those tight areas?

remachine.png

embarrassingly enough I just recently figured this out, in all my old programs I would go in and manually break wireframe geometry to remachine radii lol... sometimes I surprise myself

2 hours ago, Kyle F said:

embarrassingly enough I just recently figured this out, in all my old programs I would go in and manually break wireframe geometry to remachine radii lol... sometimes I surprise myself

Even better/easier than that is Dynamic Contour or Optirest.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, TFarrell9 said:

Even better/easier than that is Dynamic Contour or Optirest.

Yes! dynamic remachine is definitely where it's at. I'll use opti-rough + rest only if the part has a lot of 3D features, cycle-time on the 2D dynamic is usually always faster vs an opti-rough (again unless you want those step-ups for 3D stuff) Even with all the opti-rough setting tips n tricks

EDIT: I just now am seeing OP's second screen shot... I'll have to mess with it, seems as though I am wrong about pretreatment only for O.D. corners