Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Selection indicator square abnormally large

nperry

Okay this one isn't my issue but it's another guy in the shop who asked me about it. Usually I relish these types of challenges but I'm having trouble with this one. 

Click on analyze position (or any analyze function probably), select a position...see that little white square that marks your selection point? Overnight his turned huge. I'm guessing it's probably about 8 times the size of the standard box. Anyone know if/where there is a setting to adjust this?

3 minutes ago, gcode said:

Did IT update your video drivers overnight??

We don't have regular IT stuff going on, that I know of. 

Though this particular guy did just get a new PC and simultaneously upgraded to 2024 (he was on 2020 previously), and it seems like his new setup has some, uhhh, "graphical challenges" with 2024. 

This hadn't been going on though so it seems to have just popped up over the weekend somehow.

45 minutes ago, nperry said:

We don't have regular IT stuff going on, that I know of. 

Though this particular guy did just get a new PC and simultaneously upgraded to 2024 (he was on 2020 previously), and it seems like his new setup has some, uhhh, "graphical challenges" with 2024. 

This hadn't been going on though so it seems to have just popped up over the weekend somehow.

My gut reaction says it's either graphics card related (maybe hooked into onboard video instead of the real video card?) or a windows scaling thing.

• Like 1

Years ago I came in one morning and the entire programming department  was down.

After a lot of trouble shooting the cause was determined to be a Windows update

We were all running Dells with  Nvidia Quadro video cards,

A Windows update had installed Dell video drivers which rendered our machines unusable.

We uninstalled the Dell drivers and replaced them with official Nvidia drivers and all was good.

Check your Windows update history and see if Windows has been playing silly games with your video drivers

A fancy new 4K monitor may be the cause too.

There is an article in the knowledge base at Mastercam.com on how to fix this problem 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1