Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Invalid feedrate in backplot Mastercam 2023

I came across this issue for the 1st time trying to back plot a file to get a app. run time. Only happing on 1 tool and only on certain toolpaths. The toolpaths it happens are all different types of toolpaths so I cannot pin point it to being 1 certain type of path. It's also random 1 toolpath back plots fine next 1 shows this error message. Everything seems to back plot fine and post out good.

image.thumb.png.f0b072e8859e27c5f2b34e800bd6b575.png

On 2/8/2024 at 4:11 AM, GARRJESS said:

I came across this issue for the 1st time trying to back plot a file to get a app. run time. Only happing on 1 tool and only on certain toolpaths. The toolpaths it happens are all different types of toolpaths so I cannot pin point it to being 1 certain type of path. It's also random 1 toolpath back plots fine next 1 shows this error message. Everything seems to back plot fine and post out good.

image.thumb.png.f0b072e8859e27c5f2b34e800bd6b575.png

No idea....

What happens if you post the NCI of the toolpath?

It'll show you what's going on in the "raw" toolpath.   It looks a bit intimidating if you haven't looked at NCI before, but what you're searching for is the 1001 section (everything before that is the header junk).  For example, I made a contour toolpath with a feedrate of 1.2345 (so it was easy to find!), a plunge rate of 5.4321, retract rate of 66.6:

image.thumb.png.2536612194da5aa84aa93cb66c5e66f2.png

When you see a "1" preceding a line, that's a G1 move.  A "3" means it's an arc move.   You can see where the feedrate goes from plunge (5.4321) to Feed (1.2345) on the G1 moves in my picture.

Can you identify that move in your NCI?

• 3 weeks later...