Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I can't launch mastercam on my laptop

Student001

I keep seeing an error when ever I open master cam that reads. Mastercam has detected a problem with the display adapter ('Intel" : 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 520' : 4.5.0 - Build 23.20.16.4973') and needs to shut down. Please modify the system settings to ensure Mastercam is using the correct adapter.

I just need to use mastercam this semester and I have had nothing but issues. But most recent is this error that pops up when I try to open the program. I found an old forum of someone who had the same issue but I couldn't find the mastercam.workspace file in the config folder, if this is the problem then where is it?. I gave mastercam full permission but that didn't work. I also updated all of my drivers on the dell website that also didn't help. Also did I make a mistake making it shared? I feel like this maybe it? I also got access to this program through buying it at the library for one year.

I'm running mastercam 2023 because that's what I need for my class despite it being 2024. Also is it because of my laptop? I feel like it's not because it never gave me an error and installed easily. When my computer didn't meet the requirement of other programs the program has let me know.

Thank you for any help.

processed-E9DBBD77-02A7-4FA7-BBC9-957875EF93AB.jpeg

Does your laptop have only one video card?

If it's only got 1 Intel HD graphics card, you are going to need a new machine

However, many laptops come with 2 video cards . 

1 for low power general use and a second for gaming and other apps that required more graphics power.

If you have 2 video cards in your machine, go into the BIOS and force it to using the gaming card all the time.