Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is it feasible ???

2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

The sharp corner concerning you? Looks like good toolpaths to me. What is your specific question to know how to help? Sorry that is to vague a question.

I don't know how I can explain this to you

I have this mdel from the costumer .So my plan was to set up this for lathe ,turn od and make face bore 1st .So after that I am creating working plan from the center line of side bore and I am use helix toolpath for rough .When I am make veryfy I  see the I I can't go all to the bottom becose I will hits in the wall of the face bore ,

So ,I am create other operation and working plane and try use some rough 3d  toopkath and 3 finish  ,but I don't know haw I can finish this with rhe same results what solid 

For me this is not doable 

20240401_104622_resized.jpg

20240401_104618_resized.jpg

6 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

I don't know how I can explain this to you

I have this mdel from the costumer .So my plan was to set up this for lathe ,turn od and make face bore 1st .So after that I am creating working plan from the center line of side bore and I am use helix toolpath for rough .When I am make veryfy I  see the I I can't go all to the bottom becose I will hits in the wall of the face bore ,

So ,I am create other operation and working plane and try use some rough 3d  toopkath and 3 finish  ,but I don't know haw I can finish this with rhe same results what solid 

For me this is not doable 

20240401_104622_resized.jpg

20240401_104618_resized.jpg

Need to find out fi a radius is allowed. If it is then use a ball endmill that radius to blend that section. Want a sharp corner then I would consider Sinker EDM. On a 5 with a taper ball endmill can get close, but sharp corner milling yes not really a way on a HMC on my quick review I could see.

2 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Need to find out fi a radius is allowed. If it is then use a ball endmill that radius to blend that section. Want a sharp corner then I would consider Sinker EDM. On a 5 with a taper ball endmill can get close, but sharp corner milling yes not really a way on a HMC on my quick review I could see.

But when I try to use 3d contour toopath for finish this I can see the will be still som flat section on the part 

8 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

But when I try to use 3d contour toopath for finish this I can see the will be still som flat section on the part 

Some Flat, but not all. Impossible to fit the tool in there and not hit the backside like you are seeing.

9 hours ago, mirek1017 said:

Using 3D high-speed Contour
Use END MILL or END MILL BULL (very small R)
Maybe there is a better way...

image.png.c3842d3368909abe58b115b92fd44e20.png

image.png.68857bee7ffad846078a00323eaa57ca.png

image.png.1368d70933f5cea252eaa1a4c6edaf0b.png

13 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

I  an use the same thing  and  still do not  work for me 

image.thumb.png.21c7900f0899be3bfec8fe50a92811ea.png

ok ,I think I  see some flats  on my stock is beacos I am make to deep  3 inch hole  on my lathe on face 

image.png.c8517667c7d2fcf411b069c42f58a95a.png

thats  why I  have problem for blend it all together 

46 minutes ago, bird2010 said:

...image.png.e8b1f5fcb47a803345dd7288be023eea.png

can you run your toolpath on my stock  for blend  oper ?

1 hour ago, mirek1017 said:

can you run your toolpath on my stock  for blend  oper ?

Sorry, my English is not good. I don’t understand what you mean?
Your stock is wrong, I did not use it, because 2 times using 3D high-speed Contour does not require the use of stock! Just control the depth...the focus is on the use of the tool
Use END MILL or END MILL BULL (very small R)....
I only created another stock to simulate using it. I think the simulation results are acceptable...

But there is a problem of docking accuracy... It may be necessary to set the reserve amount separately for individual surfaces to avoid overcutting the previously processed surfaces...

15 minutes ago, bird2010 said:

Sorry, my English is not good. I don’t understand what you mean?
Your stock is wrong, I did not use it, because 2 times using 3D high-speed Contour does not require the use of stock! Just control the depth...the focus is on the use of the tool
Use END MILL or END MILL BULL (very small R)....
I only created another stock to simulate using it. I think the simulation results are acceptable...

I can use the 3d toolpath for finish  from the small  holes side  ,but the will be very hard use  sime enmill for other side ,I need over 6 inch long enmill 

I am still didnt see this 

24 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

I can use the 3d toolpath for finish  from the small  holes side  ,but the will be very hard use  sime enmill for other side ,I need over 6 inch long enmill 

I am still didnt see this 

Maybe..image.png.19b74c183bdb6592c39043af916bedca.png..image.png.053486a08705cb1002493c60f761cdf9.png (very small R).....or  blade typeimage.png.63a6e7585e00a22c670738aa16ab70fe.png