Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fryer Machine Tool 5 axis

cruzila

No experience with them

Thier website is current and says

"Designed, Engineered and Assembled in the USA"

I suspect they are manufactured in China and shipped to the US for final assembly

... and a Made in the USA sticker.

They list a surprising variety of machines on their website.

If you Google Map their address

70 Jon Barrett Road | Patterson, New York | 12563

and check the satellite view you'll

see they share a building with a woodworking shop and there are about a half dozen  cars in the parking lot.

Personally, I'd steer clear. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gcode said:

No experience with them

Thier website is current and says

"Designed, Engineered and Assembled in the USA"

I suspect they are manufactured in China and shipped to the US for final assembly

... and a Made in the USA sticker.

They list a surprising variety of machines on their website.

If you Google Map their address

70 Jon Barrett Road | Patterson, New York | 12563

and check the satellite view you'll

see they share a building with a woodworking shop and there are about a half dozen  cars in the parking lot.

Personally, I'd steer clear. 

To be fair that image was dated at 7PM I went back and sampled random. Looks like they were slow from 2019 - 2022 as most of us were.

I've been around some of 'em in a low-end job shop.   The newer ones I've seen looked like normal quality imported machines, consider them a store-brand version of a lot of your better advertised flavors.  The older stuff used a lot of proprietary control parts (think of them as a competitor to someone like Centroid), but they've mostly discontinued that line and focused on being a integrator/machine tool sales channel with Siemens or Fanuc controls.

I wasn't terribly impressed by the old lathe control software, but those machines were quite old and it survived a while which is worth something.  Those controls are no longer available but Fryer still seemed interested in servicing them, so that was nice to see.

The Siemens integration version seemed well done from Fryer's side.  The mills themselves were pieces of crap, but it was also ordered to be the absolute cheapest bottom-of-the-barrel vertical mills you can imagine with absolutely no maintenance done on it ever, so, ya know, I'm not really blaming fryer on that one.

I'd imagine the linear rail versions are as fine as any other Taiwanese imported iron (it's hard to screw up linear rail machines), and if you get the box way machines plan on doing normal box maintenance to keep 'em in that <.003" range.

I've never been around one of their 5 axis integrations, however, and as we all know with a Siemens or Fanuc, 100% of your results depends on your integrator and how well they set up the parameters.

• Like 2