Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface finish contour crash

G Caputo

Hi all,

I am having a problem with 2 surface finish contour operations. I have a casting coming in that should have approximately 1/2" stock on all surfaces, that I am trying to program to +1/8" to send out to get the deep holes put in. I have two operations that crash into the face instead of using the entry line length of 3.25" that I have entered. This only happens on 3 depths of cuts, all the rest are fine.

I have uploaded on file on the FTP in the mcam9 folder named "GREG CRASH.zip". The operations where I am having the problems are #2 at Z-6.0725, Z-6.9655 & Z-7.1441 and operation #10 at Z-9.7228, Z-9.8986 & Z-10.0745 depths.

The tool I am using is a 5" carboloy octomill that I have defined as a bullnose cutter. I am running mcam 9.1 MRO304 from a fresh install with all the patches.

If anyone would please look at this file and tell me what is causing this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Check out Greg cq and see if this fixes your problems. In the advanced settings tab I checked automatically, I also added a containment boundary, then checked allow arc, line box outside boundary. This fixed the entry issues on the #2 (everything on #10). To fix the exit I added .2 to the arc radius and arc sweep.

CQualls,

That is exactly what I was trying to get it to do! I will definitely look over the different settings you changed and read the help to learn more about what I was doing wrong. Thanks a bunch for your time, effort and knowledge. It is very much appreciated. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Greg