Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Toolpath Group - Keyboard Shortcut Possible?

Pretty straightforward. Looking to assign "New Toolpath Group" to a keystroke.

This command only seems to exist inside the right-click menu of the Toolpaths Manager. Is it possible to assign it to a keystroke? I'll even accept some modifications or workarounds.

I do a lot of updating old programs (not through all 4000 yet), they usually have the OPs unorganized. I'll be lucky if G54 and G55 have separate groups, usually just divided by a comment.

So naturally I need to organize them when I open one up, and making multiple toolpath groups is a pain in the patoot. And at speed, I have often clicked "cut" on the way to the Groups flyout. There is no dialogue box or anything, your toolpaths are just poofed, and the red arrow now lives in the last group you made, so good luck pasting them back in the right spot. Anyways, kind of a long road, but that's the deal. A "New Toolpath group" shortcut would be useful.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 162856.png

Nope and a method to add more than one group at a time with custom naming along with sequential controls. These have been suggestion and numbers assigned over the years and nothing yet. I did have a Chook I used a couple versions back, but it has not been updated so only works in 2021

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

You can record a keystroke macro and trigger it from a keyboard shortcut or custom mouse button.

I have an mmo mouse I use for things like this. I think some non mmo still have the ability to do this as long as you have an extra button??

111318242_NewToolpathGroup.thumb.gif.926bee9ac7bf90c4805594a5d208d712.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

So, highlight the group, then it runs right click, arrow keys, enter.

I accept. Keysytroke macro on CadMouse, I never use the side nav buttons in MasterCam, so I'll set them up.

As an aside, I did notice that the cursor goes back to the toopath group you right clicked on automagically after clicking "New Toolpath group". So that does save some time too when manually adding. Thanks for the suggestion!

4 hours ago, MWearne said:

You can record a keystroke macro and trigger it from a keyboard shortcut or custom mouse button.

I have an mmo mouse I use for things like this. I think some non mmo still have the ability to do this as long as you have an extra button??

That's a very cool solution, thanks for sharing

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, cruzila said:

When you do that "cut" thing. STOP STOP STOP. You get one chance to then select "undo" from the same RMB. Click again, or do one other thing and it's lost

Holy molee, I have always reacted with a Ctrl+Z, and it never works. I'll try to stop next time and pull them from the fire.

4 hours ago, MWearne said:

Had to update my 3Dconnexion software to get it to work, it was running the keys too fast and it happened before the flyout was available. The new update added delays to macros, so I pulled it off. Thanks again for the help. Actually ALL the help your resources have been over the years, appreciate it!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1