Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

High Speed Machining

MSP Mold

"this is a forum for Mastercam users, not machine dealers."

I disagree Lars,

While this Forum talks mainly of Mastercam, the forums vast machining experience always raises and answers many questions in all aspects of machining and equipment. Not to Mention the O/T subjects.

MSP - There are many machine guys offering the high speed features on their machine one that seems common in our area is the Haas Mini Mill specializing in high speed machining. DMG, Kitamuura and Matsuura also offer great products.

These are just a few but you should look at all for the price performance based on your own requirements.

Also worth considering is the software options your using ie, Arc Filtering - High Feed - Mastercams High speed toolpaths options - Also its worth looking at Cimco HSM.

Regards

Karl

At a previous shop, I ran a Compumachine VibraFree mill. Bitchin' machine. Had a few quirks (what mill don't?), but overall, very good. Very heavy, very rigid ganty design, 20x16, about $125,000. 40,000 rpm ibag spindle, fanuc 16 control with all the high speed and data server options. Cut 'trodes and hard 420 daily. Very accurate (.0002" on a 1/16 hex programmed at 400 ipm). Tech support at the time (about 3 years ago) was excellent.

I had never heard of the machine or company, and certainly wouldn't have bought it personally, but after spending a year with it, I wish I still had it to play with.

here's the link: http://www.compumachine.com/Products/VirbraFree/VFMain.htm

MSP MOLD,

It might be worth it for you to look around close to your shop. See what makers are nearby. If you need service/parts/support it is always nice if you are close. The company may be able to make time for you in an emergency because you are close. Just something to think about.

ARP