Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T iAdapt from Fanuc

shienh

Well from what it looks like from reading what I could find on the internet that seems like a tool that might not be the best for holding accuracy. It is trying to keep a constant load on a tool and will override the programed feedrates and things of that nature to meet what it sees as the best way. I am sorry but it is up to you the programmer to coem up with the best way. If you want an optimzed toolpath and the machine is not accelarting and deccelarting they way you want then use the highfeed from mastercam and give it the desired feedrates at transitions then you put the control back in your hands and then you decide if 400 ipm at transition is slow enough or do you need to go down to 50 ipm. Look at it this way does not matter if you save the 20% the claim you will if you keep killing parts using soemthing that it seems may not be the best fit for the application.

Just my opinion and is not the ideas or beliefs of my employer and is not directed at the creater of iadapt software just my opinion is all.

We have what is called "Adaptive Control" on out Makino A-series horizontals. this was on the 18M control i am almost sure that it does the same thing. You need to get the book on this feature and set the parameters with that book. If it is the same feature with a different name i can tell you what i know. This feature save on the machine wear, cutter wear and reduces cycle times, it is an amazing toool if used properly.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

As Ron stated, iAdapt is for constant spindle load. For shape problems, I'd suggest AICC, or HPCC. These options give you the ability to control tolerance through Acc/Dec parameters. We use look ahead and AICC here. We've been looking at iAdapt but with the $7,500 price tag, I can't really justify it. If I did more roughting, perhaps. iadapt really helps with roughing because you can basically program a really high feed reate and the load could stay pegged at 100% if you want.

JM2C