Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mp.master Next Tool Call

robk

I think that I've played with the post a little too long eek.gif

I have a 40 tool machine, and need the post to cycle only up to 40, than start at the beginning again. For example... Tool 53 would be posting as 13, Tool 107 would be 27, etc, etc.

I tried the Misc. variables with no luck. Could it be a switch, or maybe a formula??

Let me understand this correct. You want yout tool libary to have 200 tools but when you call tool 200 and you call tool 40 they both output as tool 40 not sure why you are trying to achieve this. I would think that you would have to do a misc with a combintaion with the tool varaible to get the result soemthing like this might work.

code:

If Mi2 = 1 & t > 40 & t < 80,

[

t = t - 40,

!t

]

If Mi2 = 1 & t > 80 & t < 120,

[

t = t - 80

!t

]

I have not tried this just came up with it as I was typing this response but think it might get you close to what you are looking for.

HTH

Ron,

The reason is because we do a lot of production work in here, and all the tool libraries are already created with their tool #'s. I know that it is easy enough to change the tool #'s for that one machine, but I would like to try it with mp.master. Here is the sample from our original custom post.

quote:

if t >= 161, t = t - 160

if t >= 81, t = t - 80

if next_tool >= 161, next_tool = next_tool - 160

if next_tool >= 81, next_tool = next_tool - 80

The problem is that I can't figure out where to insert that info into the new post.

That would be where the tool is called in the post in the post blocks. That would be at here in MPMASTER:

code:

ptlchg_com      #Tool change common blocks

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

#ptoolcomment

comment

pcan

if plane < 0, plane = 0

if stagetool >= zero, pbld, n, *t, "M6", ptoolcomm, e

Then above the line where the *t is you need ot have the equation above this so when the post output the data you get the correct output you are looking for hope that helps.