Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS bug?

Thad

Try this. Create a rectangle and do a contour path around it. Now, create another WCS in the top view and select a different corner for your origin. Name the new WCS something different. Open the contour path, select T/C Plane button, in the far right bottom corner of the page, click Select, change it to your newly created WCS, check the bottom 2 boxes and click OK (in the new window) and regen the path. Go back into the WCS manager and you've lost the name of your new WCS. You now have 2 WCS called Top. This happens whether you create a new WCS in a named view, or at some crazy compound angled face.

I would appreciate anyone's input.

Thad

P.S. I'm familiar with transforming a toolpath to the new location to accomplish the same thing.

But it does not happen all the time.

I have to say sense te March release I have not seen it.

And I just did two files were I had to go back after a change to semi ruff and send out for stress.

So went back with wcs to change for stock left over and reset all the fin pass's and it worked perfect. was happy.

I do not know if there were any updated to the March Maint for WCS or as you guys are talking if there is one thing in perticler that sets it off.

Jay,

It happens EVERY time for me. It happens when I take an existing op that is assigned to a standard WCS and change it to my new WCS. Is that what you're doing? I've had this problem prior to maintnance and I still have it now.

Thad

I have this problem also. Even in mr0304. If I use the WCS from the beginning and don't change anything, it won't happen.

I need to play with it some more to find the pattern as you did. My guess is that they know about this stuff but are going to re-write everything in the next release so they don't want to put any more time into it now.

Mike

quote:

If I use the WCS from the beginning and don't change anything, it won't happen.

Same here, Michael.

Yesterday I had a file that had the left and right hand part in it. Rather than save out the opp as a separate file, I thought I'd just create a new WCS and change the origin. When I copied all my ops into the OPP group, I had to change the WCS. That's when I was reminded of this and thought I'd table it.

Thad

I use WCS daily, (well, not today yet) and have had that happen quite frequently...

When changing WCS, you get the pop-up that says:

quote:

"Keep the tool and construction planes as they currently exist"

"Move the tool and construction planes to stay relative with the new WCS"

If I select the second choice, THEN my created WCS dissappears. I always select the first choice, then seperatley change the t/c plane to match my WCS setting. HTH

I have this happen to me on occasion too. It happens when I change the WCS on a bunch of operations. I thought perhaps it did it because I was clicking so quickly that I might have dragged my named WCS over a another predefined WCS (top for example) and it got renamed. Once I determined which one it was, I just rename it again and I'm all set. I use the option "Move the tool and construction planes to stay relative with the new WCS" all the time (with no exceptions for what I do) so I do not have to select the WCS, and tool plane and construction plane.

I've had the 'Missing Name Phenom.' happen time after time. If I need to assign a new WCS to operations I've found I had to regen and save after updating no more than three toolpaths. I also found that the System View that appears, after a name goes into cyber space, can be renamed to it's original and all is O.K. again. The actual View is still there and assigned to the toolpaths although it will make the associated tool paths dirty and require regen.