Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Potential Flame War: Robodrill post

chris m

Ladies and Gentlemen

My good friend, owner of the company I moonlight at, and licensed Mastercam customer, has a brand spankin new Fanuc Robodrill coming into his shop next week and I'd like to have the post at least roughed in pretty close before they drop the machine in place.

Is there anything odd that I should know, or is it pretty much the same as any VMC with a Fanuc control on it?

No HSM, no rotary, no pallet changer, no probing, nothing sexy about the machine at all; just a plain Jane Robo...

I have an (OLD!!) Robodrill post that he got from a friend of a friend who still runs Version 5 or something like that and the code they run looks VERY vanilla Fanuc but I'm always interested in what other people are doing.

The only thing I see that needs to be tweaked is the 'M29' rigid tap coding that needs to be put into ptap; do the newer machines still need this?

If anyone has some code or a post example they'd be willing to share I would appreciate it

Thanks

C

Chrsi I think your sweat equaity has earned you that. From what I have learned about the Machines they are Stragiht Forward Fanuc. I am thinking MPMASTER would be perfect for that machine. I will talk to my buddy that has 2 and see if he can tell me more if noone else shares anything.

Chris,

For our old Fanuc Drillmate (I think it's a robodrill? Small 30 taper machine, but good for engraving if it only had a faster spindle...), I took the MPFan post, and just tweaked that for the way I like programs (names/dates, moving Z & Y to G28 0 position at the end for the operator, adding block skips for optional coolant when dry running, etc). The logic is all the original MPfan stuff.