Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unable to create solid when converting step files

Hi all.. I have got a problem here. Sometimes when i try to convert a step file given by customers, i would get a warnings like "One or more STEP solids could not be created. try to create trimmed surfaces instead" or Parasolid® kernel interface error, PK error code : 999, Geometry fail to pass check" By the way, my customers are using either Pro-E or Solid Designer..

Thanx in advance for the advice n help given

------------------

Hi Greg, sorrie but i am not allowed to show the drawing to any third party as the drawing is stil under R & D n i have signed an agreement with my customers.

The worst thing is that i needed this part to be solid instead of trimmed surfaces as i need to section out the parts for programming. Anybody can help pls???????

------------------

Hi.. i have solved the problem by asking my customers to section out the part for me.. However i felt that this problem was solved only temporary.. i need to have a long term solution.. My boss wouldn't agree to pay the service of the translator as it would increase our overheads. & i agree wif him that we r not looking at the root of the problem by solving it this way.. Could anyone give me the precious advice that i need..??? Lastly i like to thank those who reply to my topic.. U guys r great n helpful.. I really appreciate it!!!

------------------

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

"Boundaries",

If you can't part with the file, then how can there be a solution? Translators are funny they either work or they don't. If they don't it's usually because there is some type of unsupported entity/file corruption from e-mail, etc... in there and then mud flows downhill from there.

Mastercam along with the other players in CAD/CAM/CAE etc... are developing STEP together and possibly Pro/E has added a(n) entity type(s) that is not supported by the current release/version of STEP. I understand confidentiality and all that but without somebody that has the de-bug tools seeing the actual file that has the problem, there really is no answer to give.

I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for but............... what other answer could ther be?????????

------------------

James M. ;)