Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'control' compensation for pocket parrameter

tonycornwell

banghead.gif Hi I'm having trouble with getting master cam to let me use my control for tool compensation in the pocketing parameters.. I have read your advice on the compensation options and for contouring it does insert the g codes smile.gif but for pocketing there seams to be no option but to use the computer compensation type.. curse.gif

Please help cos it is an absolute nightmare having to re-write the program from the computer everytime my tool wears.. Hopefully someone will just tell me im being blind and the otion is just there in front of me.

Tony

When you say use your control, do you want to add the tool radius/diameter into the control? If so in contour parameters under compensation type use control. Note: when using control in backplot it will show the cutter on the pocket edge but the code will be correct.

If you want to input the wear of the tool in your control, in contour parameters under compensation type use wear. This will look like computer comp. but will add the G41/G42 into the code.

HTH

Welcome to the forum.

Selecting control in the finish pass will allow you to use cutter comp in control and will post a G41 to turn on the cutter comp. Selecting simulate cutter compensation in backplot display will cause the cutter to be displayed properly in backplot. Selecting cutter comp in control in the verify options will allow verify to display correctly.

HTH