Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

All Levels turning visible?

Charles Davis

Yep all the time. I was told to do a Ram sever in here soem time ago did not help. I found it best to have olny one soild when doing most 5 axis toolpaths. If you have 10 solids in the file then all 10 will apper if trying to pick it then when you go back all the levels are on and it is a real pain in the but with 20 to 40 levels on. What I have been doing latley is saving the soild for the toolpath to a seperate file and then doing toolpaths on that file verse the file where I did all of my model work to create the solid of soild for different features on the part of family of part that the files may all be part of. I hear the WCS call A coming but this seem to have more ot do with having more than one soild in the file that aynthing and no ramsever does not make it go away soemthing here seems ot be making it turn on all the layers not sure why but it does.

This used to happen to me years ago on regen and I stopped it (2 1/2D/3D work) but don't remember how. Do you use the tool display on the tool Parameters page in the operations manager? I used to but don't anymore. It might be that's why.

[ 07-20-2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Tim Johnson ]

Same thing here Charles been that way for the longest time. I am doing a part today getting the same problems. I just save one soild with nothing else on any other layers to another file and then do my toolpaths then save that op then import into the orignal if I want them to be combined a pain in the arse but it works. Oh doenst seem to do it with surfaces as much with solids I don't know if it is soemthing in the solid kernal or what.