Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Misc Integer 2

SVO

Hello

I've always used misc integer 2 for posting toolpaths in icremental. Since upgrading to maintenance 0304 and solids all at the same time, a drill cycle won't post in incremental. The Z and R values reflect incremental but the post isn't outputing a G91. I say since upgrading because I haven't tried posting a incremental drill cycle for a while. It may in fact not have anything to do with upgrading, just can't pin point when something might have changed. As far as what to look for in the post I'm lost.

Dan

what version did you upgrade from? There was a change in how MC handled drill point info in one of the early versions of 9. If you came from V8 or earlier to V9.1 Mr0304, then you 'missed' that problem/change. You can try the MPFAN post in Mr0304 and see if it works with the mi2 switch. You could probably search this forum for 'drill depth' and find some threads on it. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

Steve

We've been current with every release since ver 7. I am using a ver 8 post that is tweaked to everyone's liking, so I didn't want to change unless I have to. It has been updated through update pst to ver 9.1. I'll search some more threads myself. Thank you for your help.

Dan

Well I would look at using a 9.1 post think alot of things you might not be getting from your post are coming from this. I personally did not like the update tool for post and I found it best just to use a newer post and then modify it to your needs verse using things that might not be supported or supported different in older posts.

This is just my opinion and in no way is meant ot steer you in the wrong direction just given as what I think use it at your own risk.

I would have to agree with Ron on going with the most up to date post. I have been using a post that has been upgrade from V7 to V8 to V9. It posted everything as I wanted. The only problem was I couldn't get a lot of the new options to work correctly, if at all.

I am in the process of updating to mpmaster, and have been amazed at all of the stuff that suddenly beens to work.

So I am tweaking it to get that fimilar look and enjoying all the options that I should have been using all along.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...with the most commonly requested hacks...

Yeah, all the hacks that I don't have to add in myself anymore biggrin.gif which is why I like it so much biggrin.gif and why I pimp it big-time biggrin.gif

Let's see, my absolute favorite thing about it is that I have a common tool change area so that I do not have to make the same change in multiple areas (oh yeah....), the Tool List and the header stuff that I don't have to add. Since I work on my local drive through the network ( mjamesProjectsetc...) I get the network path to my drawing and if the other programmers need to look at something at a time that I'm not available, they just pull up the Code and they know the location of my file since I share my projects folder to everyone (read only for them and all access for me). Very nice. Just a lot of cool little things make it work so well for a post tweeker like me. Now, I have a lot of the extra stuff that I add, (a Probing cycle, Tool Breakage Detection, High Speed Machining Contour Controls, and a few macro calls) i pretty much made it modular so when/if Dave adds more functionality, it will take me about 10 minutes to do a days worth of post additions. cheers.gif

So Dave, when will you have an "X" MpMaster???

Yeah I agree with James 1000000000% on the above statements. I even took alot of that and put it in the 5 axis post I was working on. Sure the z do not come out right on 5 axis stuff but on thress axis is perfect. The netwokr stuff is the best as well as the common toolchange block. Now if we could just get it to take a model make toolpaths. load tools in the machine put the correct fixutre offsets in the machine touch off all the tool make the part deburr the part and get it to the customer yesterday like almost all of them want then it would be worth millions upon millions upon millions. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif