Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

router exe. error

userofthecam

quote:

I love mastercam, and mastercam loves me back

Doesn't sound like its lovin' you back too much right now...

Can you be a little more specific about what error you are seeing, what it says on the screen, MC version, hardware specs, etc? Mastercam has issues with different video cards, graphics setting, various other hardware, etc...

C

Thank you for your reply, but the issue could possibly run deeper than my hardware and configurations, This is my second puter and my amigo also is on his second puter. Our first puters were both NT stations, now I am on a Gateway puter, and he is on an IBM puter, both running xp pro, one having a NVIDIA Quadro4 580 xgl vidoe card, and the other has a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 video card. Both of us are running Mastercam 9.1 service pack 2,and the error message is "Router exe. has incountered an error and needs to close",or something along those lines. This is the only software that causes problems and headaches on our puters, we also run autocad, ironcad and never experience any issues, is it me or is mastercam just a little bit buggier then the other cad programs.

Hi user,

Do you run files from a network ?

What amount of ram and how much do you have allocated for MC ? All sorts of possible causes.

For ram check here, Screen,Configure,Allocations

for 512 ram lets say,

HTH and do search other threads if this doesn't help

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You might want to enable Autosave, and have the Autosave function save back to the network and your main file save locally. Sometimes Network can be problematice depending on Netrwork Traffic, Network Speed, Packet Collisions, etc...

If you have windows update feature enabled

the damn Windozer may have changed your display driver to something "it" likes better !

Disable automatic update feature ,always decide yourself what to update.

Reinstall display driver and if this not helps ,downrate to one notch hardware acceleration .

+1000 to autosave ,but always save your file to other specific directory and name .

Mine is c:mastrestbackup.mc9 .

Set this in defaults with time settings like 10 minutes .

Make a search on forum for FileSave VBscript read this and this info about it .

HTH

WTHH