Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ATI card in laptop...

Chris Rizzo

CMR,

My Apologies. I guess I looked at a few different models and got confused. Do you guys use Mastercam with Soids? Maybe that is causing a problem, because I am not using Solids, maybe the surfaces have a small issue. I think I'm going to work with it as it is (as long as Cadkey runs fine on here, I'll find out when my usb dongle arrives). The only issue I found was the axes indicators, but the cross hairs (F9) still work fine to show me the origin.

Can I ask one more question, recommened memory allocations?

Thanks Guys!

Have a great day!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Matthew,

Sorry for the ugly URL link there...I am running SW and MC, and have my allocations set to

database 125000

toolpath 150000

Actually right now I am installing XP pro on my new 7140, so I can get real network access and other features. I'll let you know how it all works out. thx.

Sounds like we all should start a "ZD" club biggrin.gif

Jay,

There is one retailer that has them up North. But they dont lease, and I want to business lease smile.gif

It certainly is a nice laptop, and ideal as a desktop replacement (just plug it into my 19" LCD) smile.gif

I'm sure they will be availiable here in the near future.

Hey Jay,

Did you install XP pro? While I sit here and program at my desktop, I'm formatting my 7140 and installing xp pro. It's taking quite a while to track down all the drivers for everything..ie. use them from the install disk, or get the multitude of updates from the hp site...not to mention all the dam windows updates too. I bit the bullet BIG TIME and am going with SP2..

Other than that one small graphics issue it is running great. I did programs from home last night, VPN to my computer at work to access all my files. I've ordered a Wireless router too, should be here on Monday, so I'll see how that works.

CMR I stayed with the Home that came on it.I have found only a few things really diffrent in Home and pro.Both still NT base so that not a problem any more.

I have thought about it thow.I did install SP2 last weekend work fine.

What other fetures are you not getting with Home that you are with pro?

As for the networking I can hookup with 3 of the offices wireless with full secuirty and my wired network with no troubles.

Just wondering befor I jump in and go thru it all.

Matt, you will like the wireless big time ,I have wired and wireless her for 7 computers.

the laptop is nice in bed at the tv in the living room some times & on really nice days the table in the back yard.

CMR, the case I am using was the same case I used for my 16" laptop.

It is a laptop and brifcase combo.

Has palce for all connectors or extras along with places for CD or DVDs and files.Has side pockets for cell or digatail camera.

It is made by "Lowepro"

Here is a fewpics of the bag.

pic1

pic2

pic3

I forgot it separates to two sep bags if needed.