Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machinist's reference/handbook

AARONIS

Call your local tool reps for catalogs and recomendations.

Machinery's handbook will only give you general info.

Try Hanita, Niagara, Iscar, Mitsubishi, Kennamateal ... there is tons of them.

If you have a specific question try this forum.

cheers.gif

Regards, Mark

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Oak. It was my father in-law's Dad's. Looks liek 1950's era. How old is yours???

You know, people look at you differently when you bring something like that into a shop. It's like rolling into a parking lot with a Ferrari F-40 or something, at least aropund here. I think in my 10+ years of being in this undustry, I've only seen a handful of them.

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Machinery's handbook will only give you general info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But an absolutley indespensible tool to own.

It is a great book for reference (I use it all the time), but when it comes to speeds and feeds it's already outdated when it gets to a book store. wink.gif

cheers.gif

Kind regards, Mark

hijack thread:

hows about the cherry with polished brass hardwear. dont know if it was for an aniversary edition or not. afew years back a guy i worked with wanted it soo bad ...finally i gave him 1100 bucks for his xl top and bottom boxes (both oak)then he only needed 200 more to get the xl top box in cherry.he's now less one gerstner box but the one he has is real nice biggrin.gif

as far as refrence books go the machinest hand book is a nice all around refrence to own

trevor

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...hows about the cherry with polished brass hardwear...

Sounds good to me. I'd liek to get a new one and have the old one restored. It's got a little water damage from before I owned it over the years. Man they sure make a nice tool chest.