Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Malfunction

Phil Orenstein

I missed all you post gurus who were probably out there lapping it up over the weekend in the post-Charlie summer breeze so I'll re-post my message now late Sunday night for the Monday AM shift. Here it is:

I uploaded "slot-test.zip" to FTP site: MC9_files folder

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with what I beleive is a BOSS9 post issue. I drew a simple slot and programmed it with a parralel spiral pocket routine. I programmed "keep tool down" in depth cuts so that it feeds down at plunge rate to the next Z level. However when I posted with the standard mpboss9.pst (included in zip file) it posted rapid G0 moves down to the next Z level. Posting with the standard mpfan is OK - it feeds down at plunge rate with a G1 as it should.

Destroyed a couple of good tools already with this post malfunction! Don't know much about post writting so I would greatly appreciate what's the precise code to alter. (*I will reply Mon evening late after work since I have no internet access at work)

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil,

I am far from being a post guru, so hopefully someone can be alittle more specific that I can.

But this is what I would try:

Make back up of you Boss post. Then change "fastmode" in you post from 1 to 0 then change "bug2" to 30. Now post out your program, and save the output.

Take you Mpmaster post and do the same. Now compare the two outputs in the area with the rapid move. you should now be able to track witch area of the post it is reading this from, and change you boss post to be simular to your Mpmaster post.

I will recomend that you test this out in a piece of scrap and have you hand on the override handel.

Lars

"A humble atempt to help"

Phil I believe the move is created in "ptlchg0 plinout".

When you compare the 2 programes you should see the same to names in the line with your "Z" move(again I belive it is ptlchg0 plinout).

Here is the "ptlchg0 plinout" for demo post V9.

quote:

ptlchg0 #Call from NCI null tool change (tool number repeats)

pcuttype

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

comment

pcan

pbld, n, sgplane, e

pspindchng

pbld, n, scoolant, e

if mi1 > one & workofs <> prv_workofs,

[

sav_absinc = absinc

absinc = zero

pbld, n, sgabsinc, pwcs, pfxout, pfyout, pfzout, pfcout, e

pe_inc_calc

ps_inc_calc

absinc = sav_absinc

]

if cuttype = zero, ppos_cax_lin

if gcode = one, plinout

else, prapidout

pcom_movea

c_msng #Single tool subprogram call

If I am right ("ptlchg0 plinout") check the section that is bold in my quote.

Again Phil I am not a guru, so I could be sending you on the wrong track here.

Lars

hi guys (and gals) if this applies*

Was wondering if someone out there might have a working post for a DMU60t Deckel maho.

the one i have, i have been tweaking but sadly enough i dont have the time to work out the rotation on the head. Everything else works great except for rotation.

i read the webmaster announcement in regards to requesting a post or help with a post and coughed a big one... I was directed to this site by our dealer( Paul Excel ) here in australia ...sadly he doesnt have one that works properly ...nor does our resident guru (Alfred friebman), whom is in adelaide 3500 km away.Due to existing conflicts with heidanhein controllers and G codes like Cycle def 19. I have yet to run into someone that has conquered this mountainous task and would like to seek some help ...whether it be some insite to rewriting my post or someother way of fixing it alltogether your input would be graetly appreaciated...ps....for you info ...unigraghics...solid edge and a few others have yet to come up with a post that is compatible for heidanhein

Phil:

I put a file phil-post.zip in the mc9 folder. I edited the post for you. It should run the way you want it. However as with all edited post please check the entire code before running it. The ptlchg0 and a few other areas were calling "zr" instead of "z". So I changed them to "Z" and it seemed to run just fine. Please check the code and let me know if you encounter any problem that result from this change.

Mark,

Thank you! I will take it to work on Monday and try it out and let you know. Actually, I tried Lars debugging advice to pinpoint where the problem was and I found the ptlchg0 line to be the problem, but did not know how to change it. The mpfan.pst is written completely differently for that Z feed move with a plinout which is absent from the BOSS9. Anyway thanks for answering the question I was going to ask tonight!

Phil