Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verisurf for CMM on MC... anyone?

Oppiz

It does output Dmis code, but I looked into it for online use which at the time it was not capable of(just last December). It will only create the code to be run on another software or machine. You can contact them for a demo cd. Here is their web site if you don't have it already. http://www.verisurf.com. Just curious, what kind of machine do you have? I'm running a B&S microexcel pfx with PcDmis 3.5 mr2. Issues with bugs in PcDmis has me looking for options.

Bradst,

quote:

I'm running a B&S microexcel pfx with PcDmis 3.5 mr2. Issues with bugs in PcDmis has me looking for options.

We have the same issue over here and started checking it out with them. They were very helpful but our managament changed there mind for other reasons. We will look at it again soon. Please let me know how it works for you if you go that route.

Thanks,

Mike

I'll gladly try Mike, I was informed when I last talked to Verisurf they were working on getting a direct control version. With Mastercams surfacing history I wouldn't hesitate to make the switch to their software. Right now though it concerns me with PcDmis that why but one software and then have to filter it thru another that isn't as good. I'll wait for the good stuff. wink.gif

Bill, may I ask what kind of cmm your using and interface. Are you doing DCC with the cmm and working from a cad model? The way I understood how it works is as you say. You generate the program in Mastercam and then you have to export the program out and then into your current CMM software. It's comforting that you are having good results with it.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

One thing to consider is Inspection Software is AT LEAST 5 years behind CAD in terms of ease of use and sheer usability. Verisurf is just as easy to use as Mastercam. It essentially runs in Mastercam Design (to keep toolpath stuff seperate from inspection stuff) You have all the interoperability of Mastercam. I've seen other packages and many are limited to only IGES importing of Models. No CATIA, no UG, No Solidworks, No Solid Edge, No Pro/E, No AutoCAD, No Inventor, etc... Inspectors is also eons behind interms of new inspection methods. Seems as though many want to "Blue" stuff and scratch the crap out of everything still. Wassup with dat?

Also something else you may want to consider is Metrolosys if you want to do probing on your machine tool and bypass CMM all together.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Idiots! Inspectors are often disgruntled machinists that could not hang with the big dogs. They're like the kid that was picked on when he was little and now he's a cop with a chip on his shoulder looking to kick arse and take names cuz' he's got a badge. eek.gif

we are looking to buy another seat of Virtual Dmis to load on my PC so that I can program the CMM externally. I'm hoping I can get something like Verisurf that can be ran in MC.

You all are right, CMM software is like a step back in time.