Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

brake on or off in anilam crusader

joe racer

Hi im doing some tear drop contours with a changing z depth i have to manually turn off brake on my machine in a post processed nc file with an aux code of aux1000 just before the M1452 code . my ? is can you edit the nc file in mastercam to get the machine to accept this code ive tried adding the lines in the nc file before sending but it wont show up at machine end i have to manually enter them in also cant find any info on what m1452 or 1453 codes are they seem to be at start and end of contour with changing Z depths

also is it a really bad idea to leave the brake off between differnt contours when it rapids my anilam book says its a no no . My college instructor doesnt have an answer to these problems im describing so i thought i would ask the experts as your all so knowledable . Im just a poor student who is trying to make a buck to pay my next semesters tuition. Thanks all for your help much apprecitated .

I've tried aux codes in the program and it didn't work. The M code I'm not familiar with but I have a manual at work and will look it up. If I'm not mistaken I had to enter an aux1000 to keep the machine moving during a contour without stopping after every arc or line.

If I can't figure it out the dude I bought the machine from has a second one and knows 100 times more about it than I do.

I would think that it may have something to do with the look ahead feature in mastercam that maybe would disable the brake maybe there is an aux code that does it not sure i have a manual as well and the 1452 or 1453 codes dont show up in there either . as it is at moment though i have to enter a aux 1000 code in doing a 3d countour to turn off brake wouldnt be so bad if there was only one contour but if you have thirty then that is a lot of work at control not sure if you can just enter it at beginning of coutour cycles and then end it at contour cycles but the rapids in between may cause a problem to machine not sure how the servo motors handle this type of moves ?

Its been a while since I ran an Anilam,

but I'm pretty sure AUX 1000 enables the

lookahead feature. Without it, the machine will dwell for a second at the end of every block

and leave a very poor looking finish.

Its not required for drilling toolpaths.

What is this brake braking?? Does it brake the quill after Z moves. The Anilam machine I ran

had a very weak quill whch drifted around

and made quality work tough to do.

yes the look ahead feature like you say is the aux 1000 code and without me enteringing it it will do what you described such as a dwell

my concern is what happens when you enable this feature without putting the aux 2000 code in before the next tool path and rapid movement . the aux2000 code turns off the look ahead feature and it warns in the manual to turn it off after you do a contour but doesnt say much else i dont want to wreck machine as its not mine so this kinda concerns me at this point. perhaps its normal to turn on the look ahead feature for this type of machining and im worrying over nothing ?

Yes i found that out when calling anilam about the aux codes . I have a question though when you click in the white box to get a tool lets say you dont want that tool selected how can you make that tool dissapear from the white box i know its not that necessary but i like to keep my tool box in order so to speak . thanks.