Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco

Storkman

Jeff +100

If I'm sending a file and try to edit it, Cimco gives that same message when I try to save it. If I click Manual> select the correct machine (port) > Stop, then Cimco will let me save the changes.

If you're not using any of the transmit features, I don't know why you still get the error message. It could be as Rob suggests with the file being open somewhere else on the network. Or if you are sending it with a different comm program I think you still get the error when you try to save. I'd be interested to know if you find out the cause.

Jim teh always sends teh machine #1 program to machine #2... bonk.gif

I used to get that message in Win2k all the time and I was not sending to a machine.

If you use the editor to save a file, I think Windows puts it in the buffer and won't let it go until a reboot is done to clear memory.

To stop the error, I would just edit in in DOS or use the editor in CNCEdit....

I think it's a Win2k/editor glitch.....

I never get it anymore in XP....