Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Parameter Files

Jon Guck

I seem to remember that Mastercam has the ability to create/save parameter files that contain settings for a group of tools to machine a certain feature. I.E - If I had a 1/4-20 Military port on several parts I could save all the settings,for all the tools needed,and import the parameter file into different .MC8 files,select the geom needed,and have the port completed without having to go through all the settings pages,etc..

Anyone have any experience with this,and does it work well?

Thanks..

Operations Manager

Highlight the operations that you are interested in. Right click in the white space. Select the Save to Library. Enter a file name and then OK.

When you want to use it again, Right click on the white space and Get from Library.

What could be simpler -

------------------

Andrew

[email protected]

Jon,

I think you are asking about using operation from one file in another.

There are 2 ways to do it.

The easiest is from the Job Setup page

and click Import Setup. Navigate

to the MC8 file that contains the operations

you want, select them and click OK.

When you go back to the operation manager of your new progam they will be there.

The other way is to open the MC8 file that

contains the operations you want to use elsewhere. Right click anywhere in the Operations Manager and choose Save to Library. You can make a new folder and name it something descriptive and save the operations you want into it.

Then open your new file, right click the ops manager, then Get from Library and import the ops you need.