Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create Line Tangent Angle Bug

Create a line tangent using an angle of 90 degrees to any arc in the top construction plane. Length doesn't matter. I used one inch. When I analyze the line with configuration set for eight places after the decimal point for analyze, I usually find that the angle of 90 degrees is off in the last four digits, ie: 89.99991243 or 90.00002115 or something on that order. Sometimes it creates the line at exactly 90.00000000 degrees. It seems to be random. I sent a sample file to CNC software. They could not duplicate the problem. Creating a line vertical never gives me this result. This bug is in the noise, but it bugs me. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this same problem or cares. rolleyes.gif

Yeah ,that`s very dangerous ,my friend ,with deviation like this you can miss

the Moon . Lost in space ,you know .

But with guitars ???

Anyway if you touched in screen->configure tolerance settings you can be in real troubles like this and many other things too .

If you did played with them ,I can tell you how to recreate the standart cfg file .

Hey, Mr. Eeyore-nonhuman, you are correct, but don't blow our cover. You know we just might be building the next generation trans-universal spacecraft here and using guitars as a cover. However, you have guessed correctly and I have changed my tolerance settings to infinity and beyond. Any clue as how to reset them to the default values is appreciated. headscratch.gif

from top to the bottom

Or save your Mill9.cfg file as badmill9.cfg and at start mill9.exe will generate standart mill9.cfg

file .

Same for design,lathe ,router and wire

If you have specific configuration things ,you want to keep ,close MC9 ,open badmill9.cfg and mill9.cfg in notepad and copy-paste good tolerance settings from one to another .

Delete mill9.cfg ,rename badmill9,cfg to mill9.cfg and start MC

HYLI !

HTH

quote:

You know we just might be building the next generation trans-universal spacecraft here and using guitars as a cover.

Oh Man!!!!

What a coincidence. We ARE building the next generation trans-universal spacecraft HERE. And it is all a cover to really make guitars!!!!!!

HA HA HA!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together wink.gif

-------------------------------------------------

I only have one question......why would one want to create a tangent line of 90 degrees in the first place besides just creating a vertical or horizontal line from the quadrant of the arc?

-------------------------------------------------

headscratch.gif Now, that is a good question headscratch.gif

Well if you create a tangent line you can actually type in the length you want the line to be. If you create a vertical line from the arc quadrant, you would have to type in the Y value of the end of that line. You may (perish the thought) have to do some quick mental arithmatic if, say the line was 3.25" long and the quadrant of the arc was at say Y19.875" (7/8ths). Or you could type in Y19.875+3.25, but I think the tangent method is a bit more straight forward, officer wink.gif