Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Presentation

I'm supposed to put together a presentation on all the wonderful things Mastercam has done for our department (i.e. justify the expenditure). A couple of requests:

Does anyone know of any routine that continually rotates a part? Kind of presentation opener.

Also, just general input would be appreciated. I already have quite a bit, but i wouldn't mind some suggestions.

Gail

gplush,

Just press the "End" key on the keyboard and watch the motion begin. If it's too fast however, you may want to try to do it with a shaded surface or solid part. To stop it, press "End" again. Another little demo technique is to start Verify on a large surface toolpath part and just let it it run from the Isometric viewpoint. In the words of my sister-in-law's electric Darth Vader bank: "Impressive. 'Skirhh - Huhhh' Most impressive." biggrin.gifcheers.gif

quote:

Try this on your lathe:

G97 S1000 M3

just kidding...

I love it!

Gotta have a webby with a sick sense of humor like us others!!! cheers.gif

Also if you have a simple 2D drawn lathe part with a bunch of operations,go into op manager,select all op's,right click in manager and click on 'stock view',you can cycle thru all the op's and it will have a solid appearance.

Pretty cool thing that some don't know about.

AAAhhh; the dog-and-pony show....

2 things that I've used in the past to make the 'business' types feel fuzzy about Mastercam:

1) I have a 3-setup milled aluminum adapter flange that I programmed completely by hand before we got Mastercam and then reprogrammed with Mastercam a year or so later. I'd show them the part, the big pile of sketches, layouts, calculations, etc that I did to program it on paper and say 'it took me 7 days of continuous work to get this part into the machine without the software' then I'd show them the MC verify and say 'I rook me 4 hours to reprogram it with Mastercam; as a bonus, the part comes out better, the cycle time is shorter, and even radical revisions don't require another week's work...'

2) I have a proven job file from one of my machines and say 'OK, that machine is down and we need to ship that job tomorrow; in 2 minutes I can have a proven, bulletproof program ready for another machine and we never miss a beat. Without Mastercam it could easily take hours to reformat the program for a different machine, control, etc.'

These things are important to us and obviously relate to MC vs PencilCAM [which was all we had before] but I can unequivocally state the Mastercam has increased our part quality, decreased cycle times, reduced crashes and hasty modifications required by cleance problems, reduced in-control editing, and made out operators FAR more confident when tunning first-time jobs than they ever were before.

Good luck

C