Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Screen-Next menu-Plot : Plots are goofy.

MetalFlake

I have a long part that I scale from a mylar print. I don't have a plotter so I'm trying to plot on 11 x 8.5 paper to check critical areas.

I'm networked to the printer and I have Windriver set to Yes.

The plots show lines that are not even on the part....ie not part of my mcam geometry. I've had this problem before but never posted a question. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!!

MF

Windriver ->yes ->changes param->setup ->select appropriate paper and

change param ->preview paper size ->select appropriate paper

Now in move/prev you can move scvale your part to fit to the paper if you need it

And you`ll never have a problem (at least I don`t have at all )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Choosing the Chg params option from the Plot menu lets you change plotter settings for the selected driver during the current drawing session.

1. Choose Main Menu, Screen, Next menu, Plot. The Plot menu displays. The current Windows driver option setting is indicated by a Y or N.

2. Choose the correct Win driver setting for your plotter.

3. Choose Chg params. The following occurs:

¨ If you selected a non-Windows driver (Win driver option is set to N) in step 2, the Plotting (DOS) Parameters dialog box opens.

¨ If you selected a Windows driver (Win driver option is set to Y) in step 2, the Plotting (Windows) Parameters dialog box opens.

4. Set or change desired parameters. For help with individual field settings:

¨ Click the ? in the upper-right corner of the dialog box, then click any field.

¨ Right-click the text box to display additional entry and selection options for the following fields:

X and Y margins

Scale

Rotation

X and Y offsets (non-Windows only)

X and Y stretch (non-Windows only)

Paper X and Y size (non-Windows only)

5. If you are using a Windows driver (Win driver option is set to Y), you may choose Setup to open the Print dialog box. If necessary, select a different Windows driver and/or change properties such as paper size, orientation, copies. Then choose OK to save changes and close the Print dialog box.

6. If you are not using a Windows driver (Win driver option is set to N), you may choose Pen Attributes to verify or change plotter pen settings.

7. Choose OK to save your settings and close the Plotter Settings dialog box.

Note: When you initialize operations (e.g., start a new drawing session or open a new file), the default plotter settings, as saved in the Mastercam configuration file, are restored. You can set default plotter parameters for Windows drivers and non-Windows drivers using the Plotter Settings tab of the System Configuration dialog box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HTH