Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool import - dropped similar tools

Smit

Has anybody else noticed that when you import operations from a different part, MC will drop similar tools from the list. In the latest example I was using a 1" dia. 3" LOC end mill and a 1" carbide end mill. The 1" carbide mill was not imported. It's not a major deal, unless I get in a hurry and don't catch it. Which happens all the time.

Anybody know of a switch or setting to prevent Mastercam from dropping similar tools on import?

Thanks in advance!

It has never happened to me importing them from a different part, but it did from operation library. The solution for the operation library problem is to make the correct edits in the op. library, than compress it. Sorry, but I can't help you with your original problem

One other thing when doing importing I always use a fresh name or I will erase the name and use it again. I have seen when using a old name it gets funky results. Best to start fresh or erase the old name use only after you close the save operation window never inside of it. I would also recommned you make folders for different customers as well as different material in your op libariesthis helps if you do alot of the same parts for different customers and then the material one helps when you are doing all of the part but in different materials and use the power of Mastercam to its fullest and to your benfit.

HTH