Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak spindle problems

ktd

We have a Mazak Vtc-41 mill with Mazatrol EIA control and every time we stop the spindle above 2000 Rpm we get a spindle pack alarm and a spindle zero speed alarm. The machine has no problems turning at any rpm from 100-6000 until you input an M05 are press reset. I know that there are some Mazak gurus in this forum so I thought that I would give it a shot.

Thanks

ktd,

You are all over the map with this one.

Please restate your problem and I will attempt to help you – your initial question is quite frankly, too confusing for us to attempt a reasonable answer.

Mazatrol Eia control does not exist – M2, M32, Fusion 640M, etc are Mazatrol controls that also allow for EIA/ISO programming. The VTC/41 most likely has the M32 control.

What error is given on the screen IE: error number?

Please try a cut & paste approach if you’re concerned with Mastercam code generation so that we can see what it is that you are trying to accomplish.

S0 M03 is valid and certainly has its place.

M05 is a waste of code on any Cnc machining center since a manual key, M19, reset, MDI, M06, etc will all accomplish the task for free.

I am not smart mouthing you with this reply but I expect a more specific question rather than the generalization you have submitted.

Regards, Jack

Our control is a Mazatrol EIA control. It has no mazatrol option and can only be controlled by code.

The machine functions fine at speeds lower than 2000rpm. If the speed goes over 2000 rpm when the spindle stops (no matter how you stop it) you get these two alarms. The first alarm is a (503) spindle zero speed alarm and the second is (521) spindle pack alarm. If you manually turn the spindle on at 2000 rpm then stop it you still get the alarms.